Rell - Illest Life Time Achievement Award

Relive the greatest moments in Illest Lyrics history with classic freestyles, audios, beats, yearly awards, and lifetime achievements.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

complexity
Elevated
Wins: 48
Losses: 15

Rell - Illest Life Time Achievement Award

Post by complexity »

Rells name has been floating around for a couple months to be awarded with Illest Lyrics highest achievement. Once known for his arrogance, Rell has flipped the perception, respected as a true vet, and virtually a lock in for this award.

Do you think Rell deserved this award?

Complexity: Are you kidding? How about you go take a look at four of his battles. He has had classic matches with Jesus, Ghost, Domino, and in 2007 beat an up and coming C4.

When it comes to battling, Rell Fiasco has accomplished more than almost any other Illest emcee. He defeated the once red-hot Domino twice in a row.

Do you think Rell is your greatest opponent to date?

Domino: Yeah i Think Rell Was One Of My Greatest Opponents Because it's Probably The Rivalry People Are Gnna Remember Lol. it Was All Pretty Personal And Heated at The Time Which Made For Juicy Shit Goin On Even When We Weren't Battling. We Dropped Some Text Disses at One Another And Overall Neither Guy Was Willing To Back Down Or Lose, it Was Like Some Ali vs Frazier Or Stone Cold vs The Rock Type Shit Lol. im Sure it Was Pretty Entertaining To Watch, Since it Was Two Of illest's Biggest Names Just Goin at it Back And Forth Aggressively Over Random Periods Of Time, id Definitely Say it Was THE Rivalry On illest Lol. So Yeah, Don't Think There's Been as Much Hype And Drama Surrounding Any Other Of My Battles/Disses.

http://www.illestlyrics.com/board/rell- ... t2885.html

C4 was on the wrong side of a Rell Fiasco drop in 2007. Rell ripped into C4 with some very ill punches.
"i`ll Ride Through, Wit Tha Fifth Chrome Cocked, it`s a Lie if This Prick Don`t Jock ..//..
"Produce Golden Verses" i Got "Piss Flows Ock", Wit an itch to "Cough Tha Chome" Like "Sick Robots" ..//.."
http://www.illestlyrics.com/board/cee4- ... t6402.html

How good is Rell with personals? How about you ask someone who was on the other side of them on more than one occasion.

Alpha Bill: The thing about Rell with personals is, he'll fuck you up. What may be a lackluster personal, he'll take it, reverse it, throw some sparkle on that mother fucker and hit you right in the teeth with it.

I shaved my head into a mohawk awhile ago. Guess who got the picture. Guess who shit on me with a personal. Rell doesn't pull punches either, if he's going to get you then he's going to get you, plain and simple.

It's great to have such talent on this site.

Rell complained about being underrated a few times over his years on Illest. Who hasn't? He was discouraged at certain points for too much gun-talk, sometimes for stretched wordplay like the infamous witch-craft condom line. At points, he might have been under appreciated, but not everybody felt that way.

Do you think Rell Fiasco is underrated on Illest?

Tramatik: i think alot of ppl are under-rated or maybe just not thought of as potential 'good song makers',but rell..ya rell is to a degree. dude is dope he knows it an everyone else does. but i dont think ppl realize how intricate he can be when he actually tries..shit half the time it seems like he just takes 20mins to do somethin an wham its set in stone as somethin great. thats just how i see it anyways,but ya i do think he is

He has been on the site for almost 2 years, his influences have shaped him lyrically, Jay-Z, Lupe Fiasco, Fabolous among others. Its probably the reason that his style is so esoteric.

What makes Rell such a unique emcee?

Hazard: Dood's Creative As Hell...
He Isn't Just a 40 Cal Kind Of Rapper...
He's Nice With Punches But Dood's Style Just Expands Further Then That..
Plus He's Not Stuck To One Kind Of Musik...
You'll See Him Talkin About Rock N All..
Dood Skateboards... He's Tryna Become a Journalist..
He's just Different... His Work Usually Is What Stands Out..
Sometime's Just The Person He Is Overall Is What Stands Out About Him..

He has had classic collaborations with Harle, Complexity, 16 Micz, and RIA. Rell shows his versatility by tackling a multitude of topics with his ill-punchline/rhyme scheme style.

Why is Rell so ill to collab with?

Ria: Because he always has unique topics that we can write about. Collaborating with him is an honor in itself, and because of that, when you collab with rell, you HAVE to step your game up.

Rell has twisted some extremely clever plays on words. The idea of connecting two or more seemingly unrelated concepts.

Dead Silence: He has a way with words.He can twist them into having another meaning. Even though he left for some time he came back with guns blazing and destroyed everything in his path.And his beefs were actually interesting.Its fun and appealing to see someone just get smashed.And his collaborations were def. a key point in his career here on Illest especially with HQ.Congrats Rell.
Slugs Has Got U Slimmin`, Rip ya Bones Out Til U Got Loose Rhythm, if This Was a "Gun Battle" U Still Won`t Have a "Shot at Winnin`" ..
Rell does not plan to do audio. He is a writer, who plans to be a journalist one day. Lyrically, he might be one of the best journalists that Illest has ever had.

Do you think Rell is one of the best writers/battlers in Illest history

Complexity: No. I think that Rell Fiasco is the best battler in Illest history. When you go through all the greats, Domino, Jesus, and compare the body of work. Rell has had more impressive victories over a longer span of time then both of them. You have to judge the person by everything that they have done. As for a writer, he would be in the top 10, because of the aforementioned reason.

We congratulate Rell on the award at Illest Lyrics and only hope he continues his lyrical excellence.

What do you think of Rell so far?

Kurse: Seeing how I'm more of an audio-head...I'm not as facinated with texts as perhaps your average hip-hop forum-goer is. But when I do turn my tide toward the scriptures and the text battles...Rell's drops are some of the more entertaining and well versed pieces that I've come to enjoy on illest. To say illestlyrics wouldn't be the same without Rell would be questionable, but without taking credit away, I will admit that certain epic battles and rowdy beefs wouldn't have existed had it not been for his presence. I think dude has contributed his fair share here on illest and deserves to be recognized for atleast that. So in the end of it all...I enjoy reading what he does. It's definitely entertaining and worth taking to time to do so in my opinion. He's got talent...and that's just something you can't take away nor deny.

We can only pray that Rell Fiasco will continue his dominance well into 2009 and beyond. He has proved time and time again that he kicks more than shoes and rips more than you!

Check out our Vapes for great prices.
|.R.SON.aLL.|
My Brother's Dead
Wins: 30
Losses: 11

Post by |.R.SON.aLL.| »

Wow .. i Wanna Thank Everybody ..
For .. Basically Juss Readin Mah Shit Period ..
it`s Been Great Bein On illest ..
Like i Said Before Y`all Give Tha Best Feedback ..
i Really appreciate all Tha Love & Support ..
Y`all Make Me Wanna Come Outta Retirement Lol ..
But Goodlookin Out Plex ..
I Appreciate Tha Award ..
Hazard, U already Know Wha`s Good Broz ..
Rai, Thank You, Tramatik ..
Domino, Bill ..
Everybody ..Thank You ..
Kurse For Toppin it Off ..
I Wish We Coulda Got Arv ..
But ..Thas Mah Nigga Still Lol ..
Damn ..
Thanks again Plex ..
[align=center]Image
.. it`s S.a.W Bitches ..
.. Niggas ain't Fuckin Wit Tha Team ..

JayGUNNa
RELL FiaSCO

aRViNCiBLE
SCiP
MiiLZ

Image[/align]
Brah-Vo
Rap Professional
Wins: 1
Losses: 14

Post by Brah-Vo »

Congrats bruh .
You most definately deserved it.
Kurse
(Admin)
Wins: 27
Losses: 0

Post by Kurse »

Congrats pimpin...hard work is always recognized at some point.
Haz
Supreme Lyricist
Wins: 67
Losses: 70

Post by Haz »

Word Fam
You Deserved It
Congrats
Momeijah
Supreme Lyricist
Wins: 38
Losses: 7

Post by Momeijah »

Kicks More Than Shoes Lol, Congrats.

Should Have More Links To Drops imo Like u Did With Ghost, But it Was a Good Read.

AKA SCOTCH HALL, MOE MEIJER & MOMEIJAH.
ScottJames
Army Of Three
Wins: 25
Losses: 3
No Shows: 1

Post by ScottJames »

good job, dude. now, what do u win...??
WINS:
Ekmos - KO ... Duc3 - KO ... Jesodist - KO ... MagicMark - KO ... Animul_Instinkz - KO ... Old Rotten - KO ... Dr Kevorkian - KO ... Ambition - KO ... Eclipse - KO ... Domino - 5-3 ... Crimson - KO ... MC Scars - KO ... Modern Defiance - KO ... Tempest - KO ... QwarterZ - KO ... TreTru - KO ... Quix - KO ... Grim/Leeroi Green - KO ... Knowmad - KO ... Cre@tiv3 - KO ... MVario - TKO ... Hazard - KO ... ER - KO ... Colossus - KO ... FlipSide - KO ... JackDaRippa - KO ... JSteel - KO ... Kau The Lion - KO ... 32Neilz - KO ... Evolution - TKO ... Shazo - KO ... CBK - KO
LOSSES:
Cee4 - 5-3
OVERALL:
31-1
K KiLLaH
Rap King
Wins: 20
Losses: 5

Post by K KiLLaH »

This was a good interview gj highlighting his best works i dont know rell fiasco but his interview was def worth reading

He has had classic collaborations with Harle, Complexity, 16 Micz, and RIA. Rell shows his versatility by tackling a multitude of topics with his ill-punchline/rhyme scheme style.

you should link that up
- Mutual -
Supreme Lyricist
Wins: 5
Losses: 11

Post by - Mutual - »

Congrats dude i woulda respond to plex's question but my internet went fo about 2 weeks an my computer went with it so i couldn't get on but yeah u deffo deserve this good job Rell
The Eagerness Is Putrid My Fluids Acid Leaves You Vexed Like Black Holes
Your Inept To Correct Stretched Like Fat Folds Perplexed Like Castro
I'm So Tenacious With Rhymes Sensatious So Patient With Lines
While You Fill Your Writtens With Filler And So Stay Vacant In Mind
I'm Amiable But Too Your Haters I Appease Your Arcane Admissions
Dark Games No Vision Your Avarice Lead To Scarred Shamed Partitions
So Callous In His Candor You Have To Coerce For Neglect
For Worse Or For Best I'm Confidant With A Verse Of Respect

!!ILLEST MINDS!!
*.HarleQuin.*
lady PrecisE
Wins: 17