expos, really?

Discuss issues as far as bugs or the way our moderators and administrators handle issues. No personal attacks will be tolerated in this section.

Moderators: Loon E Lou, precise

do expos influence your vote

very much
8%
occasionally
54%
never
23%
um i never thought about it
15%

Total votes: 13

leeroi green
Rap Assassin
Wins: 12
Losses: 13
No Shows: 1

expos, really?

Post by leeroi green »

i am curious, when voting do expos influence your vote i mean do you read a piece, not get it then get to the expo and enjoy the expo and say oh that was a nice bar seriously i gotta know how important they are to people that take the time out to vote
32neilz
Elite Freestyler
Wins: 11
Losses: 14
No Shows: 3

Re: expos, really?

Post by 32neilz »

Sometimes when people use American people or culture or things that I don't understand or recognise, expos help. I wouldn't say they influence me, rather help me to understand what's being said.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
pest
Iller Than Thou
Wins: 16
Losses: 15
No Shows: 6

Post by pest »

I say fukk it... They never help...
Inna actuall battle you dont see people explainin shit after they said something
Really if i dont get it from the get go it aint shit to me.
Catastropic wrote:i went to ya site on reverbnation, and i heard ya' projects bro, i must say they real damn good...
at ya' age you have a 5star skillz,
and believe you're gonna make in the music biz.
i love ya' sht...most definitely...
keep up the good work bro!
leeroi green
Rap Assassin
Wins: 12
Losses: 13

Post by leeroi green »

thanks i needed some insight @ pest thats how i feel about it so i never post them but i sometimes i feel like i'm letting my opponent sway votes and @ 32 i hadnt even considered you foreigners PLEASE forgive me
32neilz
Elite Freestyler
Wins: 11
No Shows: 3

Post by 32neilz »

No problem man

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
TreTru
Rap Professional
Wins: 9
Losses: 5

Post by TreTru »

Its all individual preference..although the only time they effect my vote is when it's a personal that i didn't know about ..that's the only time i actually factor it in..other then that i go by the theory pest has ,if ya punchline really needs explainin, it cant be a very good punchline....
or is overly complex,,
Orfadox
Britain's Great White Hope
Wins: 7
Losses: 11

Post by Orfadox »

As 32 Said Its Does Help For Us Forgeiners But It Doesnt Sway My Vote Just Lets Me Know What The Fuck They Were Sayin Lol
Illest's most likely to shock you in 2011
Illest's class of 2010
Illest's text collab of 2010 Collectively Ill - Haunted Street's
Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three
Wins: 46
No Shows: 2

Post by Ambiguous Realm »

i used to use expos cause a lot of my shit use to fly over people's heads, voters weren't as intelligent or clever to catch it at the time, but nowadays i only use it for personals and i mark majority of my personals with *'s, but for voting, expos only help me see where a personal might be, they never helped otherwise and they don't determine who did better

in a live battle you never have the opportunity for expos, this gives that chance for it
Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three
Wins: 46
No Shows: 2

Post by Ambiguous Realm »

keep in mind punches with wordplay or personals go over people's head.. especially those who don't know how to create a good punchline to begin with, the best type of voters are those who actually know every aspect of what they're voting on, but as its a free country that this site is found upon we can't really say "you don't know how to vote so u can't vote" lol
Dos
Novice
Wins: 2
Losses: 1

Post by Dos »

well, it kinda depends.
text, they help some times.. because some wordplay can get really intricate and complex.. where-as audio, its more-so obvious type plays, some wordplay, but its usually not very complex..
once an awhile something goes over my head, an when i read the concept im like ahhh, i understand.. but it rarely makes me look at the bar differently.
for personals it always helps, imo.. because if i come to a new site i don't know shit about any one usually.

Return to “Illest Suggestions”