TOPICAL TOURNAMENT FINALS (TRIPLE THREAT)

Illest Lyrics' topical tournament for 2010

Moderators: Loon E Lou, Battle Mods

Riggz
Rap King
Wins: 16
Losses: 8

Re: TOPICAL TOURNAMENT FINALS (TRIPLE THREAT)

Post by Riggz »

I.C. - 2
Kau - 2
aL-b - 2
Now this is what I'm talking about! This is how a tournament should be on the final leg. Close as hell. I don't have a problem with any vote here so far. Everyone explained their votes and their prefences and why they felt the other won and I respect all of them (except D.J... his sucked)

Wow.. this was a hell of a battle, and I enjoyed both verses my opponents dropped too.

Where do we go from here? 1 more vote?
ILL Flow - thieves-vt15638.html
aka aL-b
"SHMUKS"
REBIRTH of the FIGHT CLUB... Say it with me!
JDR
Da Punchline King
Wins: 48
Losses: 3
No Shows: 3

Post by JDR »

IC - Liked your verse. The vision in it was nice and I felt like I could of watched it on TV. Thot the vocab and structure was a bit basic but still, i thot you got ya point across pretty well.

Kau - I thot your verse was rounded as well but the rhyme scheme really jacked it up for me. I see what you were doin' but it didnt work for me in this drop. The video game idea was dope tho. I liked it. The endin' kinda messed it up for me tho. I was lookin' for somethin' spectacular to close it all out. I guess factorin' in your video game concept made the most sense to end it but it took away from the whole game 7 down to the wire idea.

Alb - Your verse was creative and colorful. The flow was nice and the multies were a nice touch that made it all go together. Ya verse reminded me a lot of ICs about how you can feel you coulda been there or watched it on TV. Aint a James fan but its w/e haha.

To me it came down to IC and Riggz. I liked ICs ending a lot better but really thot Riggz was more consistant and used every bar pretty wisely. Factoring in how it was written, the flow, and the multies, I'll give the edge to Riggz

Vote - Riggz.
Battle Record
40-2
2010 Awards
Illest Battler || Illest Punchline Artist || Battle of the Year -vs- Cee4
Riggz
Rap King
Wins: 16
Losses: 8

Post by Riggz »

Thanks for voting Jack,

Score is now:
I.C. - 2
Kau - 2
aL-b/Riggz - 3

Hell of a battle.
ILL Flow - thieves-vt15638.html
aka aL-b
"SHMUKS"
REBIRTH of the FIGHT CLUB... Say it with me!
Grim
Elite Freestyler
Wins: 33
Losses: 11
No Shows: 1

Post by Grim »

All three verses had good approaches...aLb...in my opinion this was the weakest of the three verses..however it was still a great verse and i like the multies..not too forced...overall nice job but the others ewecuted a little better for me...IC....your verse was the realest and most feelable of the three verses...and you had a great flow to yours...however, the vocab was fairly basic and therefore didn't grab my attention as much...but once again a great verse......KAU...YOU HAD THE MOST CREATIVE VERSE FOR ME WITH THE VIDEO GAME ANGLE..NICE WAY TO TWIST THE TOPIC A LITTLE...I read yours twice to catch the rhyme scheme though...i recognize the pattern cause i have a poetry back ground....it read nice but didn't flow as well for me...
Overall MVGT:Kua the lion...i felt his concept and execution of the concept were tops.....and i give him credit for attempting a different rhyme scheme...KUA THE LION is winner
[center]Image[/center]

Return to “Topical Tournament 2010”