NEW Rule - Feb. 18th 2009 (effective immediately)

Call out that obnoxious prick to the ultimate battle. Take your rap beef to the next level. Do it all on the mic, and for the sake of the rest of us, keep it lyrical.

Moderators: Loon E Lou, Kuhlerblynd

Kurse
(Admin)
Wins: 27
Losses: 0

NEW Rule - Feb. 18th 2009 (effective immediately)

Post by Kurse »

This morning Complexity and I were discussing the abuse of discarding votes that has been taking place lately. On illestlyrics we've always had "open voting" which is where anybody who is a member is free to vote. Most battles that allow open voting can be closed and updated within a day or two...
...but lately we've noticed that there are battles that "could've been" closed rather swiftly, but landed up remaining open for weeks because of the obnoxious number of "discarded votes" being piled up! This is no longer going to continue.

Here's are new rules in reguards to vote dismissal:

*If there are particular individuals that you DO NOT want voting in your battle, you must list them off in the beginning before the battle even starts. Otherwise you lose your chance to exercise this right. Names can NOT be added to the list after the battle has already begun. So any vote casted will be permenant and remain.

*If you have OVER 10 Wins on your record...you are only allowed to discard up to 1 vote per battle. AND ONLY 1 VOTE. Any other attempts to discard votes after you've already dismissed one, will be ignored, and those votes will stand.

*If you have LESS THAN 10 Wins on your record...you are only allowed to discard up to 2 votes per battle. 2 IS THE MAXIMUM. Any other attempts to discard votes after you've already dismissed two, will be ignored, and those votes will stand.

*Otherwise Votes that are casted within the listed categories are permenant. Again...if you don't want someone voting in your battle, then let it be known in the begining of the battle before it starts. Otherwise their votes will be accepted too if they should make the effort to vote.

Admin-Alpha Bill attempted to touch base on this topic ealier in the month in this thread: http://www.illestlyrics.com/board/you-c ... 12259.html But this is now officially added to the House Rules.

[align=center]If you don't like the rules or can't handle them...then don't battle.[/align]

As a reminder, here are your house rules. http://www.illestlyrics.com/board/battl ... 10172.html
HKX
Hard-Kore-X
Wins: 3
Losses: 0

Post by HKX »

HAD 2 POST DIS UP HERE AS WELL

U should also let niggaz kno dat when it comes 2 battlin and votin and if someone votes da way they wanna vote 4 da person dats they're opinion and I'm takin bout cats, Niggaz get 2 emotional over a a vote its like votin 4 da next President i voted 4 Obama cuz I think he could make da country better didn't like Cain he was 2 Bush like dis is jus an example and dis is da reason y a nigga don't vote 4 other niggaz cuz ya'll cry 2 much shit is retarted as fuck I feel sorry 4 u whinin ass niggaz and I kno niggaz agree wit me shit is retarted and niggaz need 2 accept da vote and shut da fuck up bout it cuz it's not ur vote its another peps shit and if u don't like niggaz votin against u than well they prob don't think u shatted on certain cats as ur opponent think most peps on here would agree wit me bout da votin situation

da DEFINITION OF A VOTE

vote (vt)
n.
a. A formal expression of preference for a candidate for office or for a proposed resolution of an issue.
b. A means by which such a preference is made known, such as a raised hand or a marked ballot.
2. The number of votes cast in an election or to resolve an issue: a heavy vote in favor of the bill.
3. A group of voters alike in some way: the Black vote; the rural vote.
4. The act or process of voting: took a vote on the issue.
5. The result of an election or referendum.
6. The right to participate as a voter; suffrage.
v. vot·ed, vot·ing, votes
v.intr.
1. To express one's preference for a candidate or for a proposed resolution of an issue; cast a vote: voting against the measure.
2. To express a choice or an opinion.
v.tr.
1. To express one's preference for by vote: voted the straight Republican ticket.
2. To decide the disposition of by vote, as by electing or defeating: vote in a new mayor; voted out their representative; vote down the amendment.
3. To bring into existence or make available by vote: vote new funds for a program.
4. To be guided by in voting: vote one's conscience.
5. To declare or pronounce by general consent: voted the play a success.
6. Informal To state as a preference or opinion: I vote we eat out tonight.
Idiom:
vote with (one's) feet Informal
To indicate a preference or an opinion by leaving or entering a particular locale: "If older cities are allowed to decay and contract, can citizens who vote with their feet ... hope to find better conditions anywhere else?" Melinda Beck.

Return to “Audio Battle Grounds”