in the studio

Two words... rap school. Learn the craft, ask questions, be interactive. Find out what makes the technical MC's so efficient at writing, and which areas you need to improve on.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

probablyTreed
Lyrically Inclined

in the studio

Post by probablyTreed »

im hittin the studio this weekend for the first time, any tips on etiquette, recording tips... any tips would be nice. i'd like to not embaress myself!
stoned locomotion, im highly trained, flow fluid with pricy strains
Alvin
Sudonim Free
Wins: 8
Losses: 3
No Shows: 1

Re: in the studio

Post by Alvin »

MEMORIZE YOUR SHIT

BE CONFIDENT

BE YOU
Loon E Lou
Fuck You, Pay Me
Wins: 11
Losses: 6

Post by Loon E Lou »

Not as much memorize. But definately have your verses and hooks ready. And like al said, have confidence. As a producer myself, i hate recording ppl that take 30-40 takes. You will get nervous, which may result in a few extra takes but hopefully ur producer is aware of ur recording history. Jus go in, have fun, and take notes.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
probablyTreed
Lyrically Inclined

Post by probablyTreed »

Thx guys, ill take that to heart

[ Post made via Android ] Image
stoned locomotion, im highly trained, flow fluid with pricy strains
AntiMaTTer
Army Of Three
Wins: 16
Losses: 1

Post by AntiMaTTer »

yea good post tree i was actually lookin into studios but i have my home recording setup now. if you can record at home practice your verse and go over it til you feel ready to rap it. leme know how it turns out and if you think it was $ well spent

IL record:
16-1
Lawgix
The Aphilliated Assasin
Wins: 14
Losses: 8

Post by Lawgix »

it took me forever to get my own pace in the studio... especially in the booth... but like Loon said... you need to have a relationship with ur producer (no homo) kinda like.... a friendship but musically... they know where you wanna breathe... they know how you wanna do ur shit... before you actually start recording tho (and i know this is an old thread but for any new comers that may see this and haven't had studio experience yet read up) always do dry runs before you step in the booth and record... you don't wanna just jump in and do it and then split... if you're spending money on booth time get as much use as you can out of the experience... just like Loon says yeah they hate havin to deal with 30-40 takes but some artists want it to sound right... and honestly most engineers want you to be as comfortable as possible with your takes and they will ask you "is this okay? are you okay with this? are you sure you don't wanna do another run?" and thats what makes you a good artist... (if they are a decent human being) they want to make you sound like you want to sound... not "okay few plug ins here effect here aaaannnddd out the door you go enjoy!!!!)... thats bullshit and if you ever encounter somebody like that slap them as hard as you can across their lips... cuz its obvious they don't give a shit about music... let alone you... BUT if you start to get overly confident or overly cocky... then your music suffers for it... some have the ability to walk in and just make a decent track in a couple of hours.... some don't.... it is easy to push yourself to that limit tho... just gotta keep on doin it haha... what i do is while i'm sitting at home and writing... and after i write the track i go back and just do dry runs in my home.... i don't record... i take mental notes of how i want it to sound... especially on collabs i take mental notes on how i want my verse to sound and how i'm gonna say it... deliverance is a key in doing audios... but so is how hard you work to make the track a banger haha... have fun with it!!!!
Don't Let The Game Make U, Make Urself

Lawgix

Illest Radio

"Sometimes You Gotta Stand By Your Failures To Recognize Your Success" Joe Budden

pest wrote:You look Easy... Whats Good?
AntiMaTTer wrote:lmao ...is this how you hit on all the chicks?

Return to “Center Of Elevation”