Interview With Double Fl

Our site has incredible artists, who from time to time are so interesting that we want to interview them. Learn more about the members that you see post every day.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

complexity
Elevated
Wins: 48
Losses: 15

Interview With Double Fl

Post by complexity »

(00:06:05) illestlyrics.com: Welcome. It's been a while since we had an interview with a female Illest user. So, for those of you who don't creep around "The Chill" and "Distilled Concepts", I would like to introduce without further adieu, I bring you, Shanda, better known as "Double Fl".

(00:06:30) double fl: Whats goin on?

(00:07:28) illestlyrics.com: Not much. So, you have been an Illest Lyrics member for a couple months now. What do you like/not like about the atmosphere on the site?

(00:10:10) double fl: When I first joined, I was dissapointed with the amount of feedback that was given on shit, but that seems to have worked itself out, aside from shit that goes into DC...but people are getting better at that too. I'm not so much a fan of the fuckwits - namely the one that seems to need to proove his idiocracy on a day to day basis. But for the most part, shit's aright.

(00:11:11) illestlyrics.com: Alright. We will get into that more later. For those who don't know, how did you end up on the site?

(00:12:29) double fl: I'm a friend of Precise, and one day we were on msn, and he was like "Hey you write poems...there's this site, and you can get feedback and shit...you should join". And so here I am.

(00:12:53) illestlyrics.com: Interesting. What made you start writing poetry?

(00:15:28) double fl: I've been writing stories and shit since I could hold a pen. Poetry came along in grade four, when my teacher (who, btw, looked like she had been smashed in the face with a basketball) told me I wrote better poems then her 17 year old kid (don't ask me how that bitch managed to get knocked up). It was your average shit until I was about thirteen, when and ex of mine committed suicide. My

(00:17:34) double fl: writing became a lot darker, but a lot more meaningful. I pretty well stopped writing poems when I was sixteen, when I met my husband and things became aright again, until something happened this past summer. Again, more poems.

(00:18:46) illestlyrics.com: What emotion do you think you use most when writing poetry? (I know it's a tough question)

(00:21:31) double fl: I mean, it really depends on the subject I'm writing on. If it's death: melencholy. Ex: Anger, sometimes remorse...It differs from piece to piece.

(00:22:49) illestlyrics.com: I don't know, if that's really my question. What do you think drives you most to poetry. Is it the sadness, anger or the remorse.

(00:24:08) double fl: I would say that lately, more of my work has been driven by sadness. Simply because I'm dealing with a lot of deaths n shit right now.

(00:26:09) illestlyrics.com: Alright, without divulging to much into all of that. When you have been writing are you finding things through your sub-conscience that you wouldn't have found out without writing the poetry? And are they helping you cope?

(00:29:20) double fl: Most of what I write, I'm not even aware of what it says until it's done, and it's all written in one shot, then revised. I probably have 100 notebooks of shit I've written over the years. As for helping me cope, absofuckinglutely. I tend not to deal with shit like death when it happens, I keep shit bottled and then one day just go off. Now, instead of bootfucking someones face in because

(00:30:26) double fl: I'm upset about my best friends death, I write about it and just think about knocking out the next motherfucker that pisses me off. It's a decent system

(00:31:19) illestlyrics.com: Alright. On a much lighter note. You have also been writing these "plays" that are starting to fill up "Distilled Concepts". What caused your initial interest in writing plays?

(00:34:25) double fl: My ambition in life until I was 16 was to get famous. Be it through singing, dancing, acting, or writing. Shit, I even tried out modelling. Too much fucking drama in that shit. So, I started writing plays for the drama club so I wouldn't have to act in the shit plays with basic story lines that everyone else wrote.

(00:35:23) illestlyrics.com: Cool. Why would somebody want to read your play?

(00:36:59) double fl: Because it's different than most shit you would read.

(00:37:25) double fl: Not your average storylines etc. "Surreal" if you will.
(00:41:24) illestlyrics.com: Alright. Looking forward to reading more in the future. When is the next one coming?

(00:42:55) double fl: It's done, I just need to type it out, so...Next week sometime.

(00:44:23) illestlyrics.com: Thanks for the update. There is so much in your life that is interesting. We could never cover it all right now. People can go back and read through your older posts to understand what I am talking about. In general, what do you think is the most monumental lesson you have learned?

(00:46:18) double fl: Never trust anyone unless they give you good reason to, because you will get burned. Living with a friend never works, and getting married young will either be the worst or best mistake of my life.

(00:47:15) illestlyrics.com: You're also good friends with precise as we aforementioned. Tell us a funny story about him or something we don't know. Don't embarrass him to much though. (haha)

(00:50:22) double fl: Aside from the fact that he cooks gross eggs and thinks that an everything bagel with strawberry cream cheese is good, he's funny shit. Fun as hell to drink with too.

(00:53:14) illestlyrics.com: Haha. Funny stuff. You also have beef with a few people on the site. Want to tell us about that?

(00:56:51) double fl: Not "people" per se....More "a person" and I wouldn't even call if beef. I just think that that Orlando, or Effect, or whatever the fuck he's calling himself today needs to stop trying so hard on the fucking intrawebz to be hard.

(00:57:55) illestlyrics.com: Haha. Alright, you up for the "name game"?

(00:58:12) double fl: Shoot.

(00:58:52) illestlyrics.com: Alright. You and Domino have really clicked since you meet each other. Which is ironic because the same thing happened with him and precise. So what do you think of him?

(01:01:42) double fl: Domino's a fag. Lol. Nah, he's aright. He reminds me a lot of me. My fucking doppleganger, i suppose.

(01:02:40) illestlyrics.com: Haha. Precise?

(01:04:05) double fl: He's the fucking shit. Seriously, you'll never meet a funnier kid than him. And he's got mad skillz on the guitar too.

(01:05:08) illestlyrics.com: He is funny. What do you think about "Wild Bill"?

(01:07:13) double fl: He looks like he takes steroids haha jk. He's funny shit. There was a time where he power tripped the fuck out and annoyed the hell out of me. But he's settled in now, and on board with the whole Orlando's a fuckwit thing, so it's all good.

(01:08:04) illestlyrics.com: Raizor Sharpe, and you can tell me what you think about them as an artist as well.

(01:10:29) double fl: For being 14 the kid's decent. He's also gotten a lot better in the time that I've been here. Getting a feel for his style etc.

(01:11:36) illestlyrics.com: Hazard

(01:13:40) double fl: Atrocious speller, but good artist. I particularily liked his most recent drop. Cocky motherfucker.

(01:14:50) illestlyrics.com: Drunken Jesus

(01:16:55) double fl: King shittalker, right up there with Domino. But he's also intelligent. His beats are decent too.

(01:17:53) illestlyrics.com: Arvincible

(01:20:15) double fl: I'm not sure he's completely comfortable in his style yet, cuz sometimes what he writes is gold, and othertime ir fucking sucks, But he's got potential.

(01:22:04) illestlyrics.com: Botar?

(01:23:37) double fl: Most bitchin motherfucker goin. Ever.

(01:25:25) illestlyrics.com: Alright enough games. What do you think, Double Fl, has to offer in the long term on Illest?

(01:26:57) double fl: A different perspective, Also, I'm gonna try the whole rap thing again at some potnt possibly.

(01:27:17) illestlyrics.com: Sounds exciting. Anything else you want to say before we wrap this up?

(01:28:18) double fl: Everyone needs to visit DC more and feed my shit.

(01:29:10) illestlyrics.com: Thanks a lot. Bye.
Last edited by complexity on Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Check out our Vapes for great prices.
Omega Bill
Unstoppable Emcee
Wins: 23
Losses: 17

Post by Omega Bill »

I love reading these. I think they're well done.

And yeah, I know about the power trip you were talking about, haha, sorry about that.

Good stuff. Do these more often.
Momeijah
Supreme Lyricist
Wins: 38
Losses: 7

Post by Momeijah »

Lmfao Botar.

Good interview And i Think We're Active Enough To Start Getting Feedback On These Things Again. Could've Been Longer Though, Still interesting.

right up there with Domino. But he's also intelligent. <-- Yo Skankadoodle u Trying To Say im Not intelligent? Lol.

AKA SCOTCH HALL, MOE MEIJER & MOMEIJAH.
Haz
Supreme Lyricist
Wins: 67
Losses: 70

Post by Haz »

Good Interveiw Double
It Was Nice Learnin Why u Write Poems
Arvincible
Unstoppable Emcee
Wins: 67
Losses: 18

Post by Arvincible »

oooh wow, thanks a lot for the comments on my gold and shit rhymes lol but i do i agree with you

cant wait to see you on the battlegrounds lol ill book a match with you!
-TraMaTiK-
Unstoppable Emcee
Wins: 6
Losses: 17

Post by -TraMaTiK- »

good read
precise
Elevated
Wins: 20

Post by precise »

good interview

lmao everything bagels n strawberry cream cheese is a kickass combo by the way, onion n strawberry mmm, dont knock it till ya tried it!

i noticed throughout the interview that one of your unique attributes was really apparent.. lol the VOCAB ya use, must say its interestin, lol love it

anyways yea it was a good read, keep up the good stuff

facin me? its mission impossible, like pickin up lesbian broads
fuck all these thespian frauds, they "bug me" like espionage
Glamtrash
Poetic Juggernaut
Wins: 0
Losses: 0

Post by Glamtrash »

I did try it...AND IT'S FUCKING GROSS haha. Especially as hangover food lol.
precise
Elevated

Post by precise »

lmao pfff, what do you know

obviously yer just not cool enough to realize how delicious it is =)

Glamtrash
Poetic Juggernaut

Post by Glamtrash »

Lmao please, I have more cool in my pinky toe than most do in their whole fuckin bodies. It's still gross. lol.
precise
Elevated

Post by precise »

more cool in your pinky?? =O maybe you should pay your gas bill then

Glamtrash
Poetic Juggernaut

Post by Glamtrash »

hahahhahahah

Maybe you should go play find the exacto knife at the bottom of the shark tank. =P
precise
Elevated

Post by precise »

sure, i want you on my team tho, you can scare the sharks away for me

Yomommaspimp
Lyrically Inclined

Re: Interview With Double Fl

Post by Yomommaspimp »

cris this is the dumbest interview ever...take this shit off...it's filled with lies.
Glamtrash
Poetic Juggernaut

Re: Interview With Double Fl

Post by Glamtrash »

O hai post stalker. Way to still not be witty or intelligent :)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Return to “Interviews”