experiment

The Producer's lounge is the best place on the site to display your talent behind the boards whether you're new to producing or have been doing it for a while.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

blokB
Micless
Losses: 1

experiment

Post by blokB »

alright im sure everyone has heard your pre loaded reason samples (xspecialy thos from rex). my goal here was to create a good flowing beatt using all preloaded samples with little customization. in all reaLity i know reason is a powerfull program but i wanted to test the power of it stock soundbank. these two beats are what i came up with.
Attachments
HOP.mp3
(4.94 MiB) Downloaded 191 times
d shit.mp3
(4.32 MiB) Downloaded 183 times
We must always and forever have hip-hops best interest at heart. We must allow ourselves to be critical of the music and culture so that ideas and beliefs that aren’t progressive can be eliminated and made unattractive to our youth. Our allegiance to Hip Hop has to be about more than romanticized ideas of misogyny, materialism, murder and mayhem. Instead our allegiances must be rooted in what we individually and collectively determine beneficial. The story of misogyny, materialism, murder and mayhem doesn’t end well. We’ve got proof. Doing what one believes is individually and collectively beneficial may allow for a better ending. Or better yet, no ending at all.
C.I Truth
IntrinsicCadence
Hong Kong Phooey
Wins: 3
Losses: 3

Re: experiment

Post by IntrinsicCadence »

Not bad. The flow potential is definitely there on HOP. D-shit I wasn't feeling so much.
The stock sounds are kinda 'tin-like' or unnecessarily 'synthy' without any customization though, if u know what I mean. But u choose some decent loops to go together with each other. Not bad, but far from your best.
blokB
Micless

Post by blokB »

FULLY AGREE BRO. stock sounds have a tendency to be hard to work with for me. it was kinda like a challenge to myself to try to do something with them. im not entirely happy with them but i thought it would be worth a listen to some. On a side note the power of these programs never ceases to amaze me. thanx dude.
We must always and forever have hip-hops best interest at heart. We must allow ourselves to be critical of the music and culture so that ideas and beliefs that aren’t progressive can be eliminated and made unattractive to our youth. Our allegiance to Hip Hop has to be about more than romanticized ideas of misogyny, materialism, murder and mayhem. Instead our allegiances must be rooted in what we individually and collectively determine beneficial. The story of misogyny, materialism, murder and mayhem doesn’t end well. We’ve got proof. Doing what one believes is individually and collectively beneficial may allow for a better ending. Or better yet, no ending at all.
C.I Truth
Alvin
Sudonim Free
Wins: 8
No Shows: 1

Post by Alvin »

Hop- I was happy to see the guitar leave when it did, and transform to a beat built around it without it. It's a little all over the place but its good. I'm just seriously not a fan of using the stock loops. Everytime i hear em i know. The voice scratching into the beats pretty dope.
UPSIDES: You kept a good rhythm, flow- able, strayed away from the guitar loops. The scratching and panning is pretty dope.
DOWNSIDE: Still used the stupid guitar, i think you should have only used it at the intro, at least the high pitched one. The bass guitar? is low but not low bass... maybe using a lower tone or different sample will put it where it needs to be.

D-shit-
Erno what got into you, mad potential with the rhythmic you used or synth's, but your high pitched melody throws my all off. Some straight Congo Jamaican rhythm keeping singing flowing on this if it wasn't for that high pitched sounding. Other than that, its ok, low on the bass end again, not really present. Bird chirping, that's what that noise reminds me of, especially once you added some reverd or delay.

Keep dropping hamster, don't stop the momentum
-PDA
blokB
Micless

Post by blokB »

hahah. good looks bro. thanx for the feed. i dont think ima be xperimenting with the stock bank anymore. lmao
C.I Truth
Alvin
Sudonim Free
Wins: 8
No Shows: 1

Post by Alvin »

Nah, you should make your own loops on reason if loop mashing is what you do best. Using the matrix is pretty dope. I compose everything i make, but when i compose something and cant use it, i make it a loop and and put it aside as a reminder. Loop mashing not for me lol. When you export your loops though, export at 48,000 and 24 bit rate.
TheNobleOne
Elite Freestyler
Wins: 3

Post by TheNobleOne »

im diggin that hop beat. good shit there.

Return to “Producer's Lounge”