Audio Collab

Ask someone to collaborate with you on your latest drop or call them out for a text battle, audio, or graphics. A great place to hook up with other artists on the site to compete.

Moderators: Loon E Lou, Kuhlerblynd

IntrinsicCadence
Hong Kong Phooey
Wins: 3
Losses: 3

Re: Audio Collab

Post by IntrinsicCadence »

@ Loon- if you PM me your email address I'm email you the beat. what do u think about the topic of 'the process of creating a flow'?

@ Evo- yeah, it's shitty, half the stuff on here is on one of those three, especially soundclick. i may just eventually invest in a vpn server that'd get me past all these annoying censorship roadblocks.But yeah, if u get a chance to upload something straight to the site or to supashare.net or some other place, let me know..
Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three
Wins: 46
Losses: 14
No Shows: 2

Post by Ambiguous Realm »

http://www.supashare.net/foaiw8a5lss1

k i uploaded it, i dont know if this is the final version, it was emailed to me as a rough draft.. so mixing might not be involved
IntrinsicCadence
Hong Kong Phooey

Nice flow Evo. I liked the whole thing, I'm pretty sure it was a rough draft since only 3 of the 4 verses were in there, but all of those verses were real nice. Now that I've heard your voice, I'm even more excited about this collabo, I think this combination of you, Loon, and I could bring a real delicious fruit.

Let's get this goin', I'm gonna start writin for it a bit today. I'm sending the beat to Loon now too.
Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three

alright, let me know which verse i'm taking before i go to record, it's not the easiest thing to record when i have to rely on someone else
IntrinsicCadence
Hong Kong Phooey

y don't u take the first verse, from about 0:19-1:05
Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three

k sounds good, don't wait up to record yours n shit if i don't have it done right away
HKX
Hard-Kore-X
Losses: 0

Post by HKX »

I'm down jus send me da concept & da beat as well let me kno wats good
IntrinsicCadence
Hong Kong Phooey

Word. The beat is on the previous page of this 'audio collab' post. It's the one called Guidance. If you can't download it for whatever reason, u can PM me your email address and I can send it to you that way. The concept we're gonna be flowin bout is 'the process of creating a flow'.

Since we have a 4th emcee on it now I'll probably change up the beat slightly, add a bit more energy to that last section instead of have it gradually mellow out over that last minute. And then maybe HKX u can bat clean up and cover the 4th slot. So it'd go Evo, Loon, me, then HKX.
Loon E Lou
Fuck You, Pay Me
Wins: 11
Losses: 6

Post by Loon E Lou »

Awwwww man this track gona be lumbre!!!! Aka caliente!! So really about what one does to prepare a flow? Or can u elaborate a lil?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three

the steps, like what do you do before you write, then after, its just a method of writing before you actually record it, then what you do when you record, basically describing your way of recording
IntrinsicCadence
Hong Kong Phooey

My thought is like the process your mind goes through to sink into the rhythm and create some ill flows. I just wrote my first bar, and I'm goin' somethin like this:

It's like my pen strikes straight to my soul's sight
where I hold tight to the path of my flow's flight.

So I'm kinda startin' off right when the pen hits the pad, and then I'll build where it goes from there, like if there are struggles in the process and how I overcome them, or maybe if my mind starts to drift away talk about the process of maintaining focus and really makin' it sparkle. Somethin like that. Of course, everybody's process is gonna be different, so each of us can express kinda like the mindset we get in when ignitin' a lyrical fire.
HKX
Hard-Kore-X
Losses: 0

Post by HKX »

aight koo jus send it my way and I'll record my part workin' on other stuff right now as well but I'll have it done asap
IntrinsicCadence
Hong Kong Phooey

You can download the beat at http://www.supashare.net/mghf2gp39cuw
You'll be in the 4th slot from like 3:09-4:00 I think it is, but I'm gonna change up that part a bit in a couple days so it ain't mellowing out so much, so the 4th part will sound more similar to the 3rd part with steady drums and some horns throughout. So until I've got the beat touched up a bit, u may want to write your verse to the 3rd part, but hold off from recording it until I can touch up the beat. If u listen to the beat you should understand what i mean.

Glad your joinin us on this track man, your flow is always on points and real nice. This is gonna be a dope collab I'm sure.
Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three

alright im half way done, this guidance beat was kinda difficult to figure out which pace i was going at, took me a good 10 minutes to even catch a perfect rhythm

i should have it recorded and sent by next week

-- Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:56 am --

alright just finished this, slow flowin a bit, i end at 1:09 almost exactly,

0:19-1:09 full 16, intrinsic did you wanna go over my verse see if you approve?
IntrinsicCadence
Hong Kong Phooey

nice Evo, glad to hear it. whenever u get it recorded u can just PM it to me, maybe an accapella version and a version with the beat. i dont need to approve ur verse or anything, thats all u, but it'd be coo to take a look at your lyrics just for my own knowledge and vision of the song. u could pm em, or post em here, whichever u'd prefer.

i've written about 8 bars myself so far and can get the other half on thursday, got some shit goin on before that, but the last part of the verse should come out pretty quick. my verse is gonna be kinda slow at first and'll pick up pace about halfway in and have a few bars spit real quick, and slow back down for the last bar or two.

-- Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:09 pm --

http://www.supashare.net/k6vyl0w2ht84

I changed the beat a little bit, so the slot for the 4th verse is ready for you HKX. I'll change the beat again later to give more room for the hook. But for now this'll be good for all 4 of our verses.

Evolution- 0:19-1:05
Loon- 1:15-2:02
Me- 2:12-3:02
HKX- 3:09-4:00ish

Return to “Callout Section”