Happy Sad

The Producer's lounge is the best place on the site to display your talent behind the boards whether you're new to producing or have been doing it for a while.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

Alvin
Sudonim Free
Wins: 8
Losses: 3
No Shows: 1

Happy Sad

Post by Alvin »

Well, here is an experiment. Drums are not my strong suite. Well, neither are making beats. But this one was depressingly fun. What yall think?

:text-imsorry: :violence-sniperdark:
Happy Sad.mp3
(2.79 MiB) Downloaded 288 times
Last edited by Alvin on Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kuhlerblynd
But I See Right Thru You
Wins: 43
Losses: 8
No Shows: 2

Re: Happy Sad

Post by Kuhlerblynd »

I like the feel of this one, honestly. I could see a relationship problem track coming out of this easily, an I miss you song speaking of someone's family member or friend that has passed away, or anything along those lines. Im really digging the middle of the track the most. Nice track over-all though, no doubt. When I get my audio going, Ill definitely be getting with you on some stuff man. Keep dropping.
--~Murk McNasty~--
Battle WRECKord 42-8
Alvin
Sudonim Free

Post by Alvin »

Appreciated Murk, I actually just sent the a beat to Cadence and the topic's going to be about loosing a friend. About the beat, it was more of a can i not sound so depressed and still stay true to my depressed self with the piano. Thanks for the feed man. Hopefully once you start I'll be better.
Kuhlerblynd
But I See Right Thru You

Post by Kuhlerblynd »

Nah, it doesnt sound depressed IMO. It likes you would remember the good things in that relationship or with that person you lost in your life, instead of dwell on the negative. Thats the vibe I got from it. Sry for not making that more clear before.
--~Murk McNasty~--
Battle WRECKord 42-8
blokB
Micless
Losses: 1

Post by blokB »

i like this dude but i feel the synth aND the piano are the whole track. you need some energy in your drops i think. more powerful drums or something. i didnt notice the beat drop or change from verse to chorus. I love the melody tho bro. keep it up.
We must always and forever have hip-hops best interest at heart. We must allow ourselves to be critical of the music and culture so that ideas and beliefs that aren’t progressive can be eliminated and made unattractive to our youth. Our allegiance to Hip Hop has to be about more than romanticized ideas of misogyny, materialism, murder and mayhem. Instead our allegiances must be rooted in what we individually and collectively determine beneficial. The story of misogyny, materialism, murder and mayhem doesn’t end well. We’ve got proof. Doing what one believes is individually and collectively beneficial may allow for a better ending. Or better yet, no ending at all.
C.I Truth
Alvin
Sudonim Free

Post by Alvin »

BlokB, I appreciate it man, while reading your feed, i pressed play, and realized i must of muted the drums while exporting cuz they never kicked in, :doh: . They wont make that big of a difference, but ill upload it tonight again.
Alvin
Sudonim Free

Post by Alvin »

Appreciate it Yezzir, I originally uploaded the beat with the drum track muted... does that make it seem fuller?

blokB- Now can you tell the difference?
Kuhlerblynd
But I See Right Thru You

Post by Kuhlerblynd »

Ah Man, this sounds so much better. Damn Im loving it alot more. I wanna spit when I here this you know. Maybe more deeps notes that high, seems you are going crazy with those, but it a good feel. Im really like it.
--~Murk McNasty~--
Battle WRECKord 42-8
blokB
Micless
Losses: 1

Post by blokB »

duuuuudddeeeee! much better. yeah, i get like a athemy d&b feel when i bump this now. takes me back to high school raVe days almost man. nice.
We must always and forever have hip-hops best interest at heart. We must allow ourselves to be critical of the music and culture so that ideas and beliefs that aren’t progressive can be eliminated and made unattractive to our youth. Our allegiance to Hip Hop has to be about more than romanticized ideas of misogyny, materialism, murder and mayhem. Instead our allegiances must be rooted in what we individually and collectively determine beneficial. The story of misogyny, materialism, murder and mayhem doesn’t end well. We’ve got proof. Doing what one believes is individually and collectively beneficial may allow for a better ending. Or better yet, no ending at all.
C.I Truth
IntrinsicCadence
Hong Kong Phooey
Wins: 3

Post by IntrinsicCadence »

Alright, I can feel this instrumental. The beat 'd be a bit challenging to flow with, but with the right kinda flow it could come together real nice. The only thing I'm not totally feelin' about it is that techno-kinda-sythn sound that's there almost the whole time. The piano is a nice addition and really makes me like this as a whole a lot more. Overall, this is a pretty good beat, I like the feel of it, but may be a bit hard to flow with...

Return to “Producer's Lounge”