Yall A Joke- Jay Gunna

Release your best recorded material and let the world hear your talent. It doesn't matter what level you are on - you will get constructive feedback to increase your skills.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

Forum rules
Embed your soundclick video players with [soundclick]Song Id[/soundclick]. You can also just put [soundclick]Embed Code[/soundclick].

Please go back and fix as many of your old songs as you want.
-JayGunna-
Potential Emcee
Wins: 1

Yall A Joke- Jay Gunna

Post by -JayGunna- »

I Was just Bored So I Decided To Rap Off the Headlines Beat
Attachments
JayGunna-Headlines.mp3
(5.14 MiB) Downloaded 412 times
Cyan
Dedicated Emcee

Re: Yall A Joke- Jay Gunna

Post by Cyan »

Killer song to emulate. IMO Drake is the most interesting talent in rap right now. Deep lyrically, experimental, introspective, and has a good ear for a hook. Definitely someone to learn from.

You did a great job of matching your words to his rhyme scheme. Good voice control, you matched his inflection well. If I were you, I'd start doing some homework/scraping some money together for a condensor mic, small mixing board, and a dedicated soundcard. You could probably be up n' running for under $300, start familiarizing yourself with Cool Edit Pro or Audition. Sky is the limit.

http://www.illestlyrics.com/board/cyan- ... 25541.html

If you wanna return some feed ;)
Kurse
(Admin)
Wins: 27
Losses: 0

Post by Kurse »

The hardest part about using a popular industry beat is being able to kill it the way the original recording artist did...if you can't out-shine them, then chances are that you're not really doing urself any justice. Some of these acts are extremely hard acts to follow, Drake being one of them for certain.

Be yourself. Finding influence in other rappers and musicians is fun, but that'll only take you so far.
-JayGunna-
Potential Emcee

Post by -JayGunna- »

tru...thanks for feedback
pablo1212
Novice

Post by pablo1212 »

For some reason I find it hard to keep the same flo and chorus and just changing the lyrics ... but it seems like you did a pretty good job. i think the quality could be a little better ... but overall this was a pretty good.
Loon E Lou
Fuck You, Pay Me
Wins: 11
Losses: 6

Post by Loon E Lou »

leeroi green
Rap Assassin
Wins: 12
Losses: 13
No Shows: 1

Post by leeroi green »

this was a cool listen keep working on your presense and when your quality is better you will be in a good position to get where you want to go
-JayGunna-
Potential Emcee

Post by -JayGunna- »

Yeah like i use my cousin studio to record most of the time its just that hes in the military so sometimes hes gone but yeh ima show ya some fiya soon thanks for all feedback..

Return to “The Booth”