Cyan - In My Bones

Release your best recorded material and let the world hear your talent. It doesn't matter what level you are on - you will get constructive feedback to increase your skills.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

Forum rules
Embed your soundclick video players with [soundclick]Song Id[/soundclick]. You can also just put [soundclick]Embed Code[/soundclick].

Please go back and fix as many of your old songs as you want.
Cyan
Dedicated Emcee

Cyan - In My Bones

Post by Cyan »

This song is about how ... no matter how much you achieve ... or how often ... It's so hard to stay content when human nature kicks in ... that itch flares up and you have to keep raising the bar to keep yourself happy.

Lyrics will help on this one:

Evolution’s endeavor to keep us ill content is impressive –keep us droolin’ for better - improvin’ us through depression – proof is in that you can soothe when shakin’ n’ movin’ - put two n’ two together but never remove it forever these negative genetic incentives setup to get us getting’ - make us feel like shit if we did - shitty if we didn’t – Limitless conviction is a sickness becoming addiction when no success or sum can’t convince it into remission -

Anywhere I go – - I feel in my bones – feed it – defeat it for a minute n’ then it grows –
(Go away – Go away) – Or tell me what you want - I did it all to feel good – but don’t -

Since young – been ru runnin’ for that certain something - on a bee line – like a feline huntin’ – wanna want for nothing – but purpose is a burden from birth your stuck with – I prefer booze n’ blunts but – F – R – double E – Dom need come first - to get rid of it –
(Try Chorus Effect) world walkin’ – ever stalkin’ satisfaction – to find it – get a mind that I’ll never fall off – but alas it’s knockin – kn kn kn knockin – 1:10
happens often – pep-talkin’ myself on the options I’ve got between now to the coffin – the lead up to defeat was a rocket my office in the cock - pit – Launch it to - infinity n’ beyond it - haukin’ lougies on comets – stalkin’ dreams like ducks in pond n’ - I was - Optimus prime in a mosh pit – no way to parley with a martian but something went wrong – I rewound to the plunge off it – senile to scene how did I botch it – me – renowned for the fact lockin’ cool down in the heat now with the profit n’ pocket but I want (a drink o’) water …. 1:40

I feel in my bones – feed it – defeat it for a minute n’ then it grows –
(Go away – Go away) – Or tell me what you want - I did it all to feel good – but don’t – 1:54

Rewind it – pry open my mind n’ - dive into the core of me – sift through the duds n’ diamonds that define my – pri – o – rities – I’m finding unproductive elements in the majority – morbidly they mean more to me – than The boredom in normalcy We - publically perform it – We privately ignore it – lettin’ credit scores, diplomas, n’ bureaucrats record it – Being born into an enormous war – comes off as callous the torment of balancing what we want against what the world will allow us– is neverending but now it’s offending how that – cynicism prevents us from realizing endowments – I refuse to believe that I’m surrounded by nihilist – they brag they – don’t give a fuck (fuck) – what’s it all amount to – they wanna give it up (Yup!) – but - don’t know how to – break the vows they made to themselves – raisin’ hell – they’re down to Say they - don’t give shit n’ get amazed when they amount to it - Words are like currency n’ currently your counterfeit – You lended it n’ the collateral’s a pound of flesh – you tied yourself to failure n’ now your bound to quit – 2:53 (Your) bound to quit – (Your) bound to quit -
I feel in my bones – feed it – defeat it for a minute n’ then it grows –
(Go away – Go away) – Or tell me what you want - I did it all to feel good – but don’t – 1:54
I got bubbles in my brain – champagne – Pop – n’ the bottle clang gainst’ the first one that I drained
table top on the balcony – Yes the second one was cheap (cheap) – but the first one tasted great (great) - being buzzed as a marine made it all go down the same - Got my visa all n’ order – got a job n’ I’m on leave - Feet up – (Chill) – I’m bound to be – trees (crackle) like bacon grease – Got some decent eats at hand – wind in hair – Lucky on my jeans – no need for diamonds I got bling self-esteem –

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/cyan-nathan/8-cya ... -bones-320[/soundcloud]
TreTru
Rap Professional
Wins: 9
Losses: 5

Re: Cyan - In My Bones

Post by TreTru »

well tbh I still think its crazy ...haha

but i wont deny with this one the vocal mixx sounds real nice..

verses. ..flo is on point .. Presence is always strong..
delivery is crisp.....coo

the hook Sounds great imo..

idk i think that a beat with more actual Tones wouldve done
your Style way more justice..imo.

but yeah this is Dope either way...i think this one is better than some
of the earlier tracks you dropped..way to step it up!!
Enders
Lyrically Inclined
Wins: 10
Losses: 4
No Shows: 1

Post by Enders »

This was a nice flip on the song

I enjoyed the smooth crossovers in delivery the most, Lyrical content is pretty good, nice versatility on a beat which most would claim gangstar on.

Good shit man.

Hobby or Job?
Pest wrote:[center]"Enders is an enigma wrapped inside of a paradox in the middle of a riddle"[/center]
Cyan
Dedicated Emcee

Post by Cyan »

@Enders - Just a hobby. Never been on stage or sold a song ... I just love rhymin', writing, and recording. I know I'm a misfit .... No hip-hop heads would take me seriously ... ha ha ... and probably vice-versa.

@TreTru - First off. Sweet video. That shit's dope man ... Do you! ... and yeah ... you're right about the tones. Writing a hook for this beat was waaaay tougher than it usually is for me ... The beats all herky jerky ... and BTW ... thanks for pulling my track out of the grave ... It was half way down the page with no comments ... I think cats around here are getting sick of me ... haha ... can't blame em. I will make songs.
Enders
Lyrically Inclined
Wins: 10
Losses: 4
No Shows: 1

Post by Enders »

Cool cool man, well its a good hobby to have, keeps the tools sharp. No hate here.
Pest wrote:[center]"Enders is an enigma wrapped inside of a paradox in the middle of a riddle"[/center]
witecobra
Rookie

Post by witecobra »

like the Motto beat. the Hook was Dope. your flow was nice.

i like this:

Launch it to - infinity n’ beyond it - haukin’ lougies on comets
cyanidesyn
Lyrically Inclined
Wins: 1
Losses: 1

Post by cyanidesyn »

told u b4 bro u made a fan from tha 1st time i heard u n of course u didnt disappoint when u drop a new mixtape pm me tha link n ill b sure 2 giv u sum much needed promotion in pa n oh
Phasewon
Rhyme Master
Wins: 0
Losses: 0

Post by Phasewon »

Dope shit, easy flowing lyrics and catchy hook, the quality is also on point, no complaints, I'll be looking out for more of your shit.
Livenlearn
Rhyme Master

Post by Livenlearn »

Yea the topic is soooo different considering the beat...somehow ya delivery makes it wrk, altho Im still trying to digest the concept and this beat ....Ya lyrics are pretty nice, I like the multis and swtich-ups, u also utilize the beat very well...Overall pretty creative man, nice track....
Life Lessons Volume 1 Mixtape:

http://www.usershare.net/56nqkqtksmq6

Return to “The Booth”