Lifestyle Demo

Release your best recorded material and let the world hear your talent. It doesn't matter what level you are on - you will get constructive feedback to increase your skills.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

Forum rules
Embed your soundclick video players with [soundclick]Song Id[/soundclick]. You can also just put [soundclick]Embed Code[/soundclick].

Please go back and fix as many of your old songs as you want.
Seanny T
Dedicated Emcee
Losses: 3

Lifestyle Demo

Post by Seanny T »

heres the bonus song for my mixtape, called Lifestyle. so far, beats done, chorus done, and first verse done. feedback plz! not 100% done tho cuz its still demo version. jayzon black will be fixin some of the songs up.
Attachments
Lifestyle.mp3
(7.46 MiB) Downloaded 255 times
Melt ice with my glare, freeze water with my stare
AntiMaTTer
Army Of Three
Wins: 16
Losses: 1

Re: Lifestyle Demo

Post by AntiMaTTer »

its pretty hard to make out what youre saying in some parts.
This beat doesnt compliment your voice, you sound mono tone and
dont have much umph as id like to hear. With some more practice,
and finding what makes you feel more comfortable on the beat will
come with time. The lyrics werent that bad. The beat just doesnt mesh
well with how your voice fit it b/c they both sound kinda.. blah and dragged out. Just giving my honest feed back, just keep recording, look for different ways to switch up your swag, try some double time and other
things to see what rap style suits you more. I have a pretty monotone
voice myself so it aint like im really dissin that, but anyone with any kinda voice can change it from sounding "eh...blah" to adding energy and making people FEEL what you are spittin.

IL record:
16-1
Seanny T
Dedicated Emcee

Post by Seanny T »

thanks man, yea thats my biggest downer i know, my voice is straight up monotone haha but im tryin to not make it like that. i think if i had someone with an awesome record voice my lyrics/beats could be WAY more well recieved lol. im relativly new to the whole rap game tho, started almost half a year ago. tryin to increase as fast as possible
Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three
Wins: 46
Losses: 14
No Shows: 2

Post by Ambiguous Realm »

yea i have the same issue, you can fix it, just takes practice,

this was way too slow i think, beat's koo though, some parts you sped up just shouldn't have been sped up that much, the hook also was just.. weird lol
Loon E Lou
Fuck You, Pay Me
Wins: 11
Losses: 6

Post by Loon E Lou »

damn. iunno bout that hook. i mean, i get it, but.....iunno. keep at it man. no point in repeating whats been said up above. one bit of advice, recite your verse until you basically memorize it. that will allow you to skip the monotone-ness. feeling comfortable with it will allow you to venture into different styles. there you go
Lawgix
The Aphilliated Assasin
Wins: 14
Losses: 8

Post by Lawgix »

Loon E Lou wrote:damn. iunno bout that hook. i mean, i get it, but.....iunno. keep at it man. no point in repeating whats been said up above. one bit of advice, recite your verse until you basically memorize it. that will allow you to skip the monotone-ness. feeling comfortable with it will allow you to venture into different styles. there you go
yeah i agree with what loon said.... iuno bout that hook man... its kinda corny but its kinda not... i'd think of a new hook (if you re-do this song)... eh... this whole track tho... kinda shaky... you're rushing ur parts cuz ur verses are too long... thats a MASSIVE pet peeve of mine... fuck man... i can't begin to describe how bad that sounds... not trying to be mean or sound like a dick but if you really wanna get into the music business then you can't be... rushing the shit like you did on this track... just a very newb thing to do... no offense cuz we've all done it... i know ur trying to get better and this is the only way to get better... is to show off ur work and get it critiqued... but man keep doin ur thing i know u can do this bro... i got faith in u... and thats sayin a lot cuz most of the cats i've seen come thru here were just worthless lol... and yes i say that out loud cause its true and people who have seen it too know it... but i think you got that fire... just crank up the heat bro...
Don't Let The Game Make U, Make Urself

Lawgix

Illest Radio

"Sometimes You Gotta Stand By Your Failures To Recognize Your Success" Joe Budden

pest wrote:You look Easy... Whats Good?
AntiMaTTer wrote:lmao ...is this how you hit on all the chicks?
Seanny T
Dedicated Emcee

Post by Seanny T »

Ya this songs been scrapped lol I chose a different beat and did the verse a lil bit different on it with a way better hook too. Look for it in my mixtape :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Return to “The Booth”