Jay Jr. - The Ride (Remix)

Release your best recorded material and let the world hear your talent. It doesn't matter what level you are on - you will get constructive feedback to increase your skills.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

Forum rules
Embed your soundclick video players with [soundclick]Song Id[/soundclick]. You can also just put [soundclick]Embed Code[/soundclick].

Please go back and fix as many of your old songs as you want.
ItsJayJr
Rookie

Jay Jr. - The Ride (Remix)

Post by ItsJayJr »

I recorded this on a laptop mic in Audacity, and edited it myself. It's just a rough draft but I'd love some feedback so I can fine tune the finished version.
Attachments
Jay Jr. - The Ride (Remix).mp3
(1.47 MiB) Downloaded 210 times
It's not about where I am, It's about how I got here
AntiMaTTer
Army Of Three
Wins: 16
Losses: 1

Re: Jay Jr. - The Ride (Remix)

Post by AntiMaTTer »

ItsJayJr wrote:I recorded this on a laptop mic in Audacity, and edited it myself. It's just a rough draft but I'd love some feedback so I can fine tune the finished version.
yo son, good to see you get to work right off the bat but be respectful of the site and the people on it and give feedback to others before you drop your own work

ill give feedback once thats done. give respect to get respect. this is a community based on that and we are a tight knit group of assholes that like to enforce these rules, im not even a Mod and i do this stuff lol.

But welcome! Get Up and ACTIVE and bring more activity to the audio section!

(You can PM once you drop some feedback to others and ill check this out)

IL record:
16-1
Haz
Supreme Lyricist
Wins: 67
Losses: 70

Post by Haz »

I really like the song "The Ride By Drake" I got it in heavy rotation...
I think you should chill with the echo and stretching house and douse
stuff like that.. maybe put more emotion into it as well..
No hate just honest opinion, keep it up.
Cyan
Dedicated Emcee

Post by Cyan »

Sorry man ... not feeling this. The lyrics are way too cliche for my tastes. "15 G's" "Blowin up my phone" "White Power" "Macadamia" It boils down to this .. How many MC's have used the exact same lines ... same punches ... same concept which, at this point in hip-hop, is the same as "no concept." This is an artform of words. I'm not trying to dissuade you from rhyming or recording ... I'm saying ... talk about something real and it'll be way more interesting. This just comes off as insecure cause I don't believe what you're saying. Scared : to try something different or seem human, and desperate to sound cool.

On the flip: The beat choice is excellent and the recording isn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be since you said it was a laptop. It's actually pretty amazing that you got such a good sound out of a setup like that.

Talk about your real life man. Be yourself.
ItsJayJr
Rookie

Post by ItsJayJr »

Thanks Haz, I understand what you're saying, as I said it's just a rough draft and it's actually my first song I recorded. I'll try to work on the rhymes alot to. But really this feedback means everything to me keep it coming, I'll try to post something else soon and I hope to correct some stuff.

Cyan, those are true words, I'll remember what you say. Again it's my first song so this feedback is what I need. I'll definatly work on all that.
It's not about where I am, It's about how I got here

Return to “The Booth”