Direct all questions reguarding anything else here...

All production work, recording or production help, beat requests, drumkits, samples, fruity loops, programs and other studio related items belong in this section.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

Kurse
(Admin)
Wins: 27
Losses: 0

Direct all questions reguarding anything else here...

Post by Kurse »

Doesn't matter if it has to do with production, mixing or not. It can be about writing...whatever. As long as it's music related...I might be able to give you some ideas or an honest opinion.
SlickMex
Flow Creation
Flow Creation
Wins: 5
Losses: 4

Post by SlickMex »

Hey Kurse..
What Exactly Are These?..

Magix Music Maker Song Studio 10 Producers Edition

Tascam Soundboard DP-01
Tascam Digital Soundboard 2488
Kurse
(Admin)

Post by Kurse »

SlickMex wrote:Hey Kurse..
What Exactly Are These?..

Magix Music Maker Song Studio 10 Producers Edition

Tascam Soundboard DP-01
Tascam Digital Soundboard 2488
Magix is a muzik composing program that you can buy from any muzik store or computer software store. You can make ur own instrumentals, remixes and cuts from it. A bit more complicated than Fruity Loops...but the sound packs are incredible and the ideas are endless.

Tascams are digital soundboards. You see in the studios that big sound board with all the switches on it to adjust the levels...those are Soundboards. Tascam is a particular maker of one that I'm familiar with. But various companies make them.
SlickMex
Flow Creation
Flow Creation
Losses: 4

Post by SlickMex »

Ok Thanx
Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three
Wins: 46
Losses: 14
No Shows: 2

Post by Ambiguous Realm »

do u know where i can get a recording microphone.. that i can connect directly to the computer... whether it goes in the microphone socket or the usb.. my dj told me that there's some u can directly hook up to the pc.. but he doesn't know where i can find them...
Kurse
(Admin)

Post by Kurse »

Any standard stage & performance microphone can be pluged into a computer or laptop so long as when you buy the chord for the mic...you purchase a chord that has a 1/4 inch input (aka jack) and then purchase a converter piece that attatches to the 1/4 to make it smaller. All of these pieces can be sold at a guitar center or a Sam Ashe...hell...if it's a music store they sell it period. You'll spend about $25 for a basic mic...$12-15 on the chord and the piece to convert it into a smaller jack should only be like $2 or $3

You're lookin at $40-50 bucks all together but it'll improve sound quality by 100% Just tell the sales guy there what you're lookin for and he'll be able to sell you all 3 easily. I'm sure they get asked for this shit all the time and none of them are things that need to be special ordered. But if you're going to get these things...invest an extra $10 and get yourself a pop filter to place infront of the mic. It'll help reduce the wind & sound distortion sooo much. Even if the sales guy tells you the mic already has a small pop filter built into it...but one anyway because the built in ones are pathetic and garbage.

Trust me...I've learned all these things already trying different shortcuts in the past.
Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three
Wins: 46
Losses: 14
No Shows: 2

Post by Ambiguous Realm »

alright koo that's wat i was gonna do just go to guitar center n ask them if they got n e thing like that.. the cheapest mics i've seen r like 50 bucks.. but it comes with 2... appreciate the info tho....least it wont be like i go buy somethin i can never use if they sell pieces for it that can make it suitable for a pc..good lookin out
Cuttin P
Rhyme Master
Wins: 0

Post by Cuttin P »

yo Kurse. do you know how i can get a booth like effect with my mic without having to record in a closet? I've seen pics of home studios where the mic is facing a corner of a room. ive people add sound acoustic padding on the walls of that corner... would that help with my overall sound?

I have a phantom power supply

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/pr ... sku=185271

and a condensor mic
(audio-technica AT2020)

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/pr ... sku=270620

the problem is the... i guess the mic pickin up alot of other shit.

I got a pop filter and all... would a metal pop filter help?
(Artist Page) http://www.myspace.com/cuttinp
(soundclick) http://www.soundclick.com/cuttinp

Cuttin P
Foreva
Viral
Mentally Unstable
Mentally Unstable
Losses: 1

Re: Direct all questions reguarding anything else here...

Post by Viral »

adjust ur mic settings...i used to record in the middle of the room...lol so there would be a bit of a reverb n i would have to lower the volume on the mic...pop filter only helps with the poppin sound p's n b's n such make....u could get some insulation...if u have the money for it...haha....but the easiest way would be to lower the mic so that its loud enough to pick up ur vocals...if the vocals sound low once recorded u can always raise them and wat not wen mixing

Return to “Studio Related”